Some news and information that is making waves on May 3, 2018
- Gallaudet partners with TD Bank to improve ASL storytelling for Deaf children who use ASL. This is part of their ongoing Shared Reading Saturday program.
- Department of Justice rolls back some ADA rights relating to disability access to health care.
- Derby (Kansas) makes news about their ASL club, ASL students, and the Deaf community putting on a show. It included ASL poetry, interpreted music and helped raise awareness about ASL and Deaf culture.
- Nashville General Hospital partners with InDemand to provide VRI for ASL interpreting services and spoken language services.
- 12th Avenue Arts Mainstage (Seattle, WA) is putting on 'A Midsummer Nights Dream' as an "ASL - Mainstream Production" (in both spoken English and ASL) with Howie Seago.
- Tips for your work when you are your own boss -- like a freelance interpreter.
Have any cool news to share? Let me know!